Sunday, October 17, 2010

Vegan Fajitas


I'm still diggin' the Mexican theme this week, lol!  When I came home from the shop tonight, I looked in the fridge and there really wasn't much to work with, or so I thought (I proved myself wrong).  I took out some bell peppers and an onion, left over refried beans and started chopping.  Having no clue what I was doing, I decided that refried beans meant I was having Mexican (yay!).  Then I remembered FAJITAS!  Those are so delicious and it's basically bell peppers, onions, meat (we'll change that!) and tortillas - super easy to make!  These were very filling and incredibly satisfying!  ENJOY!!

Vegan Fajitas
1 - 1/4 inch thick slice red onion - diced into large pieces
1/2 orange bell pepper - diced into large pieces
1/2 green bell pepper - diced into large pieces
1/2 can of Amys Vegetarian Refried Beans
1-2 tablespoons Almond Milk
3 dashes Herb Stop's Southwest Spice 
2-4 corn tortillas
Chives - chopped (optional)
oil for sautéing - I used sunflower

Dice peppers and onion.  Heat a skillet to medium high with a little oil.  Once the pan is nice and hot add the veggies and Soutwest Seasoning and sauté until cooked to your desired firmness.  I waited until the onion was translucent - which meant the veggies were still a crunchy, but cooked.   While those are cooking, heat the beans with enough almond milk to thin them slightly until nice and hot.  If you like your tortillas warmed up (I do!), heat them up in a skillet for a few seconds.  Once everything is cooked, place a tortilla in a plate, spread beans on top, add veggies to the top and cut the chives on top.  Yummy!
Lovely colors!


No comments:

Post a Comment