Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Deliciously Filling Broccoli Medley


To get us started, I thought I would start off with one of my easy favorites. This is by far one of my favorite meals. Because broccoli has quite the protein content, this makes an entire meal that is nice and filling. If you were in need of a little extra, I have added a little corn tortilla and wrapped the broccoli mix up like a taco. This usually serves 1-2 two people, so some adjustments may need to be made if this is for the whole family. ENJOY!!!


Deliciously Filling Broccoli Medley
1 large broccoli head - cut into florets
1/4 inch slice of onion (red is more aesthetically appealing)- diced
1/2 yellow bell pepper - diced
1 medium tomato (completely optional) - diced
3 dashes Herb Stop's Southwest Spice
1 tablespoon Herb Stop's Pesto Mix seasoning
oil for sautéing (I used sunflower oil)

Place the broccoli in a pan with about 1/2-1 inch of water and boil the broccoli for about 7 minutes (until cooked but not soggy). Drain and set aside.
Sautee the onion in a little oil with Herb Stop's Southwest Spice until onion begins to turn translucent. Add in the peppers and Pesto Mix seasoning and sauté until desired firmness (I like my veggies crunchy, but cooked). If using tomatoes add these in at the very end. Once everything is nicely sautéed, add the broccoli and gently toss with the other veggies. Serve immediately. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment