Friday, October 15, 2010

Perfect Vegan Pesto

Oh pesto, how I love thee!  What can you not do with pesto, right? Pasta, dipping sauce, on top of veggies - the options are limitless ..... except.....it's not vegan :(.  When I became vegan my weakness was cheese.  I really loved cheese, I mean REALLY loved cheese.  In fact I'm half Swiss, so the fact that I don't eat cheese is kind of blasphemous.  I guess this will just be our little secret, eh?  Anyhow, here we are....vegan pesto and delicious!

Perfect Vegan Pesto
1 cup well packed fresh basil
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup cashew butter
1/3 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon Nutritional Yeast
2 dashes Himalayan salt
Add all the ingredients to your Vita-Mix - if you don't have one any food processor will probably work.  Turn on medium-low until fairly smooth. If you'll be keeping this for later, drizzle some olive oil over the top to preserve the color.  ENJOY!!!!
Beautiful and fresh ingredients

1 comment: