Thursday, October 14, 2010

Super Vegan Tacos

I think my favorite cuisine is Mexican - at least this week it is.  Of course being a grain-free vegan the options for Mexican food are really limited to chips, salsa and maybe guacamole. So one day I decided I was going to conquer this challenge.....and I did!  Here is my favorite dish, vegan soft tacos, that are so tremendously filling and super delicious.  I think I could eat this every night and never get tired of them!

Super Vegan Tacos
3 corn tortillas
1/2 can of Amy's Traditional Refried Beans (you can make your own if you prefer)
1-2 tablespoons of almond milk
3/4 of a romaine lettuce heart - diced
6-8 small tomatoes (cherry or grape) - diced
2 - 1/4 inch slices of red cabbage - diced
1 - 1/4 inch slice of red onion - diced
1 scallion  - diced
nutritional yeast

Dice all the vegetables and set aside.  Heat corn tortillas up in a skillet, set aside and keep warm.  Cook and add 1/2 can of refried beans to a skillet and add 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk until beans are smooth but not runny.  Top a tortilla with the beans, then begin to layer the vegetables - I find that lettuce, cabbage, onion, scallion then tomato is the easiest.  Top with some nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor. ENJOY!!
Colorful veggies

mmmmmmm.....yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment