Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Spicy Roasted Rosemary Potatoes


When I got home from a very busy day at the shop tonight, I was tired and hungry.  I needed something quick, easy and delicious.  Unfortunately my husband is on duty until tomorrow morning, so this was going to have to be a one woman show!  Luckily I had the perfect idea!  Normally I use this dish for a side, but tonight I was going to go nuts and eat this as my meal!  

All I have to say about this dish is YUMMMMM!  My good friend, Sam Sam, had made a similar creation over dinner one evening and I fell in love immediately.  I have changed the recipe and added spices to create the perfect side dish or even a snack (or in my case tonight a meal).  You could definitely change this up a little by adding sweet potatoes.

Spicy Roasted Rosemary Potatoes

9 small potatoes - diced into 1/2 inch squares
2 - 1/4 inch thick slices of onion - diced into 1/2 inch pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
oil to coat pan

Coat the bottom of a jelly roll pan with a little oil.  Preheat oven to 450.  Dice potatoes and onion and place in a large bowl.  Add spices and olive oil.  Mix very well - using your hands works best.  Spread into the jelly roll pan in a single layer.  Cook for 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked.  ENJOY!!

***To make this dish without the spicy factor, leave the southwest spice out and add a little more rosemary***
Beautiful potatoes!
 
Not only delicious, but beautiful as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment