Thursday, March 31, 2011

Vegan Grain/Gluten-Free Avocado Black Bean Salad


I love love love my Super Black Beans .  So needless to say I'm always looking for ways to put them into, well really everything :)  Last time I made the beans I had a lot left over so I decided to try freezing them.  Great news....they do great frozen!  The first night I had tacos (safety from my previous failures) but the second night I decided it was time to get cr-a-a-azy!!!!  I struggle with my weight, so after my fast I decided to limit my oil intake to a minimum for a little while.  So how am I supposed to eat salad?  I have the solution!!!! and it's Y-U-M-M-Y!!

Vegan Grain/Gluten-Free Avocado Black Bean Salad
1 Avocado, peeled and sliced
5 Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
2 Scallions, diced
1/4 cup shredded Red Cabbage
1 head of Romaine Lettuce, chopped
1/4-1/2 cup Super Black Beans
1/8 teaspoon Herb Stop's Garlic Granules
1/2 - 1 teaspoon Herb Stop's Minced Green Onion

Gently heat black beans over low heat until thoroughly reheated.  Remove from heat.  In a large bowl add avocado, scallions and red cabbage.  Once beans have cooled enough not  to cook the vegetables you will be pouring over, add desired amount to to large bowl.  Mix until well coated.  Add cherry tomatoes, lettuce, garlic and minced green onion to the bowl and mix until all ingredients are well coated.
yummy start

No comments:

Post a Comment