Thursday, March 3, 2011

Vegan Grain/Gluten-Free Macaroni & Cheese




My husband just informed me that Mac & Cheese is trademarked or something, so good ol' fashioned Macaroni & Cheese will just have to do!  Sometimes at 4 in the afternoon, I start to get hungry and I get these wild ideas of what I want to eat and I swear I have olfactory hallucinations, because I smell what I'm drooling over in my head!!  Anyhow....Macaroni & Cheese was on my mind.  How was I supposed to create that?  Well, I did and it rocked my world!!!  ENJOY!!

Vegan Grain/Gluten-Free Macaroni & Cheese
1 box Quinoa Harvest Macaroni Elbows
3/4 cup Cashews
13 tablespoons Almond Milk
2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
1 tablespoons Arrowroot Powder
1/2 teaspoon Herb Stop's Granulated Onion
1 teaspoon Herb Stop's Pesto Mix
1/4 teaspoon Herb Stop's Turmeric Powder
1/2 tablespoon Grapeseed Oil
3/4 teaspoon Unrefined Salt (I use Himalayan or Sonoma)

Cook pasta according to the box (I like 8 minutes).  While the water is heating up, prepare cheese sauce.  Add the rest of the ingredients to your vita-mix, blender or food processor, until smooth.  This should be a little runnier than my cheese recipe.  Once noodles are cooked drain the noodles and set aside.  In the same pot add the cheese mixture and heat very carefully on low - make sure that the cheese will not separate by heating very gently.  Add noodles in and toss well.  Some very lightly steamed zucchini and squash gave a little crunch to this dish and was delicious!  ENJOY!!

ooey gooey cheesy pasta
julienned yellow squash and zucchini 

No comments:

Post a Comment