Thursday, March 3, 2011

Vegan Grain/Gluten-Free Sulfur Madness


So as I was making dinner I was laughing to myself ..... all of the ingredients I grabbed were sulfur foods!!  So I had these ideas to call this Brassica madness - yes here is my geeky herbal side - or Curried something or another, but as I was talking to my mom I made a joke about my sulfur madness dish and her husband heard my loud voice through the phone and started laughing.  I figured I would let the name ride....give everyone a little giggle.

As I was putting this dish together, I had this idea to make this mostly with Italian herbs.....but every time I opened the spice drawer the Curry was staring at me.  I gave in and figured if I'm going to curry....well the by golly gosh.....I'm gonna curry!  It's potent, but incredibly delicious!  ENJOY!!!!

Vegan Grain/Gluten-Free Sulfur Madness
1 large head of Broccoli, into florettes
1/2 head Cauliflower, into florettes
1/2 large Yellow Onion, into strips (use a mandolini slicer)
1/2 cup shredded Red Cabbage
4 cloves Garlic, pressed
1/2 cup Roasted & Salted Cashews
1 1/2 teaspoons Curry (if you prefer mild, start with 1/2 teaspoon
2 tablespoons Grapeseed Oil

In a medium pot, steam broccoli & cauliflower until it begins to get soft - don't let it get mushy though.  In a large frying pan, add grapeseed oil and heat over medium heat.  Add garlic and onion and sautee until limp.  Do not allow the garlic to burn or it will become bitter.  Add cabbage and curry powder and sautee until curry is well mixed.  Add broccoli, cauliflower and cashews and lightly toss until the curry has coated everything.  ENJOY!!!

onion and garlic
onion, garlic and cabbage
cauliflower and broccoli
yummy yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment