Thursday, March 3, 2011

Vegan Chunky Guacamole


On our last Azure Standard order, we ordered a case of organic avocados.  I thought they were going to be Haas, but they weren't.  I was less than pleased to find those huge green ones with the thin skin - we were now stuck with 40 of these!  I started putting them on sandwiches (I was still going to eat them) and other things....also forcing my husband to eat them, lol.  Last Sunday we were cleaning and I wanted to make a light lunch so I grabbed an avocado and decided to make guacamole.  It was incredible!!  I take back any bad things I ever said about those avocados.....I even started a tree - or at least I hope it turns into one!

Vegan Chunky Guacamole
1 large Avocado
5 Cherry/Grape Tomatoes, diced
3 tablespoons Red Onion, diced
2 small cloves/1 large clove Garlic, pressed
fresh lemon juice

Add avocado to a bowl.  Using a fork, mash avocados well making sure to leave some chunks.  Add tomatoes, onion and garlic and slightly mash with the fork.  Squirt a tiny bit of fresh lemon juice to the avocado mixture.  Mix well and enjoy with some chips - I love the organic tri-colored chips from Fresh & Easy!  mmmmmm......

Fresh veggies...well mostly fruit technically
All mashed up

No comments:

Post a Comment