Thursday, January 20, 2011

Vegan Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins


This was my very first go at muffins and I'm a little embarrassed to say that I ate them all in less than 24 hours :/.  To my defense....I did give one of my friends, Judy, a few of them!  I promise!  My friends are all so sweet, they let me use them as guinea pigs for my recipes!  Thanks Judy for being the first brave one!!!!  These muffins are unbelievably good!  I fell in love....I've made 3 batches in one week.....I guess I'll need a little extra time on my Wii this week!!!

Vegan Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 cup Potato Starch
1/2 cup Tapioca Starch/Flour
1/2 cup Sugar (I used 1/4 cup Herb Stop's Espresso Sugar and 1/4 cup Cane Sugar)
1 tsp Himalayan Salt
2 tsp Herb Stop's Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Almond Milk
1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil
1/2 cup Vegan/grain-free Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Put muffin cups in th a muffin pan.  In a medium bowl, combine potato, tapioca, xanthan, sugars, salt and baking powder.  Mix well.  Add almond milk, grapeseed oil. Mix very well.  Add chocolate chips and fold in to the batter.  Add the batter to the baking cups - this recipe makes 12 regular sized muffins.  If you like extra sugar - sprinkle some over the top before placing in the oven.  Bake for 25-30 minutes.   Allow to cool over night or immediately peel the baking cups off otherwise they will stick after about 10 minutes and you'll have to wait to eat them until morning.  The next morning the paper should remove from the muffins easily - or use silicone baking cups.  Yummy Yummy!!!!


ready for the oven
fresh out of the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment