Thursday, January 20, 2011

Vegan Berry Berry Muffins


Ahh muffins!  Enjoying a muffin seemed to be a memory forever forced to be in the past.....until....
The other morning, I felt inspired to bake.  I haven't done any baking in a long while and I decided to make something tasty!  As I looked through my cookbooks, no recipe seemed like it would work if I changed the flour and used egg replacer, so I just started mixing and voila!  I made all different kinds of muffins - espresso chocolate chip, berry berry and lemon poppy seed.  They are all so delicious!!!  I'll post each recipe separately. ENJOY!

Vegan Berry Berry Muffins
1 cup Potato Starch
1/2 cup Tapioca Starch/Flour
2 tsp. Xanthan Gum
1/2 cup Sugar (I used 1/4 cup Herb Stop's Vanilla Sugar and 1/4 cup Cane Sugar)
1 teaspoon Salt (I used Herb Stop's Himalayan Salt)
2 teaspoons Herb Stop's Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Almond Milk
1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil
1 1/2 cups Frozen Berry Mix (I used Fresh & Easy's berry mix that had raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries - I just removed the strawberries and used the rest of the berries)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Put muffin cups in th a muffin pan.  In a medium bowl, combine potato, tapioca, xanthan, sugars, salt and baking powder.  Mix well.  Add almond milk, grapeseed oil and berry mix. Mix very well.  Add the batter to the baking cups - this recipe makes 12 regular sized muffins.  If you like extra sugar - sprinkle some over the top before placing in the oven.  Bake for 22-25 minutes.  Allow to cool over night.  The next morning the paper should remove from the muffins easily.  If you try to remove the paper right after baking, it will just get stuck, so make sure to wait - or use silicone baking cups.  Yummy Yummy!!!!

fresh out of the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment