Thursday, January 13, 2011

Easy Quinoa Delight


This morning on my way out the door I realized that I didn't have anything for lunch!  Normally my food takes at least 30 minutes to prepare and I just didn't have that kind of time.  So, I did quick inventory of the kitchen.  I grabbed quinoa, cashews, vegetable broth and our onion soup mix.  I wasn't really sure what was going to happen, but it was going to have to work......and man did it ever!  This turned out to be delicious!!!!

Easy Quinoa Delight
1 cup quinoa
1 cup cashew halves/pieces
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
2 teaspoons Herb Stop's Onion Soup & Dip Mix
2 teaspoons Herb Stop's Vegetable Broth Powder
2 1/2 cups water
chives - optional
Herb Stop's Sel Gris salt - optional

Heat oil in a medium sauce pan.  Once hot, add quinoa and cashews and sautee until the oil has been absorbed.  Add onion soup and vegetable broth and still until well combined.  Add water.  Cover and simmer until the water is fully absorbed (about 20 minutes).  Serve hot with some chives and salt sprinkled over the top.  YUMMY!

quinoa and cashews mixed with the spices and oil
with the added water

No comments:

Post a Comment