Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saffron Burgers with Roasted Pepper Potatoes


I was craving french fries tonight....uggghhhh.  Because I don't eat deep fried food any more I needed some kind of fun potatoes!!  Then I thought what do I eat with them?  The only thing I had in the fridge that sounded like it would blend was my left over Saffron Quinoa - but what do I do with it?  AH HA!!  Make a burger......but how? I just started mixing and these little burgers were a-mazing!!!  I added a side of steamed corn and placed the saffron burger on a bed of lettuce and onion, topped with brown mustard and tomatoes.  Very Yummy!!!!

Saffron Burgers
1/2 cup Saffron Quinoa
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
2 teaspoons Herb Stop's Taste Without Salt
1 teaspoon Herb Stop's Onion Granules
1/2 teaspoon Herb Stop's Garlic Granules
1 tablespoon Almond Flour
1 tablespoon Tapioca Starch
1 tablespoon Potato Starch
Grapeseed Oil for cooking

Mix all ingredients (except the grapeseed oil) together very well.  Heat grapeseed oil in a pan on medium high.  Form thin patties and cook well on both sides - about 5 minutes each.
Quiona, spices and "flours" well blended
Fully cooked on one side - nice and golden
Roasted Pepper Potatoes
3 small to medium Russet Potatoes - diced
2 Red Sweet Peppers - sliced
1/4 Orange Bell Pepper - diced
2 thick slices Red Onion - diced
1/4 teaspoon Herb Stop's Hungarian Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Herb Stop's Smoked Alderwood Salt
1 teaspoon Herb Stop's Southwest Mix
2 teaspoons Herb Stop's Sweet Onion Sugar
2 tablespoons Olive Oil

Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well with your hands.  Massage gently for 30-45 seconds.  Add to a jelly roll pan in a single layer.  Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes - until well cooked.
All the veggies
Right out of the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment