Friday, November 12, 2010

Colorful Stir-Fry


Since I cant stand on my foot for long periods of time (until it heals), I haven't been able to really create too many dishes.  Last night tho, I started chopping away for my Vegan Tacos and then I decided to make a little stir fry side dish.  This was so colorful and very yummy!!!

Colorful Stir-Fry
1/2 cup Red Onion - diced into large pieces
1/2 cup Yellow Bell Pepper - diced into large pieces
1/2 cup Orange Bell Pepper - diced into large pieces
1 Scallion - sliced
1/2 teaspoon Herb Stop's Sweet Onion Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Herb Stop's Southwest Mix
Grapeseed oil for frying

Place grapeseed oil in a frying pan and heat on medium high.  Add Southwest Mix and Sweet Onion Sugar. Stir well.  Add onions and sautee for 1 minute.  Add bell peppers and sautee until cooked, but still crunchy.  Turn the stove off and lightly toss in the scallion.  Serve as a side dish.  I garnished this with some diced tomato and chives.
Up close
As a side to my vegan tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment