Monday, November 7, 2011

Grain/Gluten-Free Vegan Green Beans & Pecans In Maple Sauce


I haven't posted in a long time....eeek!  Last night I made this delicious dish and I was excited to post it this morning!  The flavor is sweet and complex!  I love it!

Grain/Gluten-Free Vegan Green Beans & Pecans In Maple Sauce
2 cups Green Beans - cut into 1- 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup Pecans - I used the organic mini ones
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (only use the real stuff!)
1 clove Garlic - pushed through a garlic press
Herb Stop's Toasted Onion Salt

Steam/boil green beans until desired firmness.  I like mine only a little crunchy - which is about 8 minutes.  For very crunchy 3-4 minutes.  Strain and set aside.  In a frying pan, add pecans and turn the heat to medium to medium high.  Place pecans in the pan and "roast" until there is a nice toasty smell.  reduce heat to medium to medium low.  Add in the maple syrup and garlic.  Stirring constantly, let bubble and thicken.  After about 2 minutes, turn off heat and add in green beans.  Toss until well coated.  Once plated, sprinkle with Onion Salt.  ENJOY!

I added a water to a frying pan and added in the green beans. 
roasting nuts
cooking in the pecans and garlic
added in green beans

No comments:

Post a Comment