Saturday, November 12, 2011

Consumption of a Vegan

After that last post of a sad story, I thought I'd write something that made me laugh when I was thinking about it today.

Have you ever wondered what the food consumption of a vegan is?  I sure haven't....I just eat!  hehehehe.  Having been on the potatoes and squash diet for a month now, I could tell you that is one short sentence.  Now, I've expanded my horizons!  I'm also reading Dr. Christopher's books and eating my main meal according to what he believes is the best: 1 potato, steamed vegetables, slow and low temp cooked grains and a large vegetable salad. Lots and lots of food!  So here we are at my daily consumption - I think really I eat a small backyard garden daily, lol.

1 handful of cashews
4 small apples (thanks to my in-laws!)
1 1/2 zucchinis
1 1/2 yellow straight neck squashes
1 1/2 yellow onions
3 medium potatoes
1 cup cooked quinoa
5 scallions
1/2-3/4 cup shredded green cabbage
1 head lettuce
6-8 cherry/grape tomatoes
2 carrots
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove
many many spices
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
of course my current herbs - marshmallow root, comfrey root, hawthorn and devil's claw

I'm especially laughing because the CDC says I need 2 serving of fruit and 2.5 servings of veggies - my goodness the potatoes alone are more than that!  So I'd say the apples are like 2 serving of fruit - done with that part, lol.  What about the veggies....lets be conservative, eh?  Zukes and Squash = 2, onion = 1, potatoes =3, scallions = 1/4, green cabbage = 1/2, lettuce = 1, tomatoes = 1/4, carrots = 1.

I add up 9 servings!  HA!  That is hilarious!  Yummy in my tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment