Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Vegan Grain/Gluten-Free Taco Sandwich


When I was younger my parents would have "crunch month."  During this month, we would limit grocery buying to only the essential like fresh veggies and fruits.  This was a great teaching tool to avoid wasting money and to not be wasteful.  So yeah, maybe I didn't want spaghetti for 3 days, but I lived.  Anyway......our kitchen is starting to look ridiculous.  I open the fridge and something falls out, which of course leads to the awesome move: toss it in and quickly shut the door before it falls down.  hahahhahah.  The cabinets are overflowing with quinoa, pasta, tomato paste, beans, etc.  So, it's going to be crunch month in this house during May!   This leads to the freezer.  My recent bean adventures had been prosperous!  I have tons of packages of frozen beans....yeah!  So, I started making a taco and then somehow this taco sandwich came to be!

Vegan Grain/Gluten-Free Taco Sandwich
Un-Fried Beans
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Scallions
Onions
Cabbage
Herb Stop's Minced Garlic
2 Corn Tortillas

Warm the tortillas in the oven or in a skillet until slightly crispy.  Set aside.  In a skillet heat desired amount of my Un-Fried Beans until nice and hot.  Diced and chop as much of the veggies as you would like.  Spread the beans onto one side of each tortilla and stack the veggies up.  Place together to make a sandwich and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment