Monday, December 20, 2010

Vegan Cheese-y Sauce


I don't know if it's just me, but I really miss cheese.  Perhaps this is due to my heritage - I am 1/2 Swiss after all. Not eating cheese as a Swiss....oh man, hopefully they don't revoke my citizenship!  lol.  Anyway, this is my classic cheesey mixture.  I use this when ever a recipe calls for cheese that needs to be melted.  Casseroles, potatoes, on top of tacos, really anything.  If you let it sit in the fridge over night, it gets very thick, almost like the consistency of brie.  It's delicious!  


Vegan Cheese-y Sauce
3/4 cup Cashews
12 tablespoons Almond Milk
2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
1 tablespoons Arrowroot Powder
1 teaspoon Herb Stop's Granulated Onion
1 teaspoon Herb Stop's Pesto Mix
1/4 teaspoon Herb Stop's Turmeric Powder
1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Unrefined Salt (I use Himalayan or Sonoma)


Add all the ingredients to your Vita Mix or blender.  Blend until smooth and creamy.  The mixture will thicken to the consistency of warmed velveeta.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment