Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Grain/Gluten-Free Vegan Mushroom Quinoa Burgers


I've been away from blogging for too long!  I've change my diet around quite a bit - I went all the way raw, then backed off to 80% raw, then the winter hit and now I'm too cold so I'm back to cooked food.  WHEW!  I've been all around kitchen!  I've been experimenting with quite a few things lately.  For Christmas I bought myself an amazing food processor - the magimix!  LOVE IT!  Anyhow....finally a new and delicious recipe!

I've recently grown a passion for mushrooms.  I try to find any way possible to put them in whatever I'm eating.  So as I made my quinoa for lunch this idea to make mushroom burgers popped into my head and they are fantastic!  I topped mine with some avocado, onion, lettuce and some dehydrated tomatoes from my garden.  YUM!

Grain/Gluten-Free Vegan Mushroom Quinoa Burgers
1 cup Quinoa
2 tablespoons Herb Stop's Beef-less Broth (or whatever broth you enjoy)
1/2 Large Onion, diced
10 Baby Bella Mushrooms, diced
1-2 teaspoons Herb Stop's Anytime Salt Seasoning
1 teaspoon Herb Stop's Garlic Granules
1 teaspoon Herb Stop's White Onion Granules
4 tablespoons Almond Flour
2 tablespoons Potato Starch
1 1/2 tablespoons Tapioca Starch/Flour
Grapeseed Oil

Rinse quinoa very well.  Add quinoa to pot with beef-less broth and cook until well done.  The quinoa needs to be a little stick which means you'll have to add extra water than normal to slightly overcook the quinoa.

While the quiona is cooking, sautee onions and mushrooms over medium heat in grapeseed oil until onions are translucent.

Once the quinoa, onions and mushrooms are all done, add to a bowl and allow to cool - I use a wood bowl here.

Add Anytime Salt Seasoning, garlic, onion, almond flour, potato starch, tapioca starch and mix until very well incorporated.

Make patties to desired size - I make 2 tablespoon patties.  Add grapeseed oil to the same pan you sauteed the onion and mushrooms in (adds a little flavor) and cook the patties over medium heat.  VOILA!

ready to eat with veggies!

close up - I love Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment