Friday, July 8, 2011

Grain/Gluten-Free Vegan Rainbow Salad


I am so excited to be harvesting from my garden!!  My salad is ready for the picking!  I make this type of salad often, but I've never posted the recipe.  This one will be a side salad.  If you would like this as a dinner salad, double or triple the ingredients and add some nuts for protein.  I love to eat all the colors of the rainbow and this salad surely does it!  I use a very light dressing, but any dressing will work!

Grain/Gluten-Free Vegan Rainbow Salad
8-10 various leaves of lettuce, cut/ripped into pieces
1/4 Orange & Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
5 Cherry/Grape Tomatoes, sliced into rounds
1 tablespoon Yellow/White Onion, diced
2 tablespoons Red Cabbage, Shredded
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar

If you have a salt block, dicing the ingredients gives them a nice salty flavor and does really well with the olive/oil vinegar dressing.

Add all ingredients to a salad bowl and drizzle with desired amount of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Toss until well coated.  If you don't have a salt block to dice the vegetables, add a pinch of Himalayan Salt.

Fresh salad from the garden

1 comment:

  1. There needs to be more gluten free recipes. Thanks for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete